I had seen this on pinterest and wanted to make the boys capes and masks for the super hero party a friend was throwing. So the night before I got out some fabric and felt and got to it. I printed off lightning and letters and traced them on a cereal box to use to as a tracing template. Then placed the templates on the felt to trace and then cut out. Next I used a iron on adhesive to iron them to the capes which are jersey knit fabric that I cut out freehand and attached velcro the the neck(you could also just tie them on). I used elastic and thicker/stiffer felt for the masks. I traced them also and then cut out. They boys seemed to really like them and Gavin is still playing with his almost a year later.